SCHOLARSHIP DESCRIPTION / The Faculty of Computer and Information Science and Comtrade offer a Comtrade Scholarship for full-time study at the Master’s level at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, Ljubljana, Slovenia, for female foreign citizens from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia.
Funding will be provided for one scholarship for study at the Master’s programme in Computer and Information Science.
The scholarships are open to foreign female citizens from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia, enrolling in the Master’s programme in the academic year 2016/2017.
APPLICATION / Applications should be sent no later than 31 August 2016 to:
University of Ljubljana
Faculty of Computer and Information Science
Večna pot 113
together with application documents for enrollment into the study programme (more information available at http://www.fri.uni-lj.si/en/news/active/19759/novica.html).
The candidate for the scholarship must fulfill the admission criteria as stipulated in Annex A of this Call and must apply for her recognition of prior foreign education for access to the second and third cycle study programmes in Slovenia as stipulated in the Annex B.
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES / Selection of candidates will be done by a Selection Committee established jointly by the Faculty of Computer and Information Science and Comtrade.
- The Selection Committee has the right not to grant scholarships in cases where applicants prove unsuitable.
- For selection the quality of the applicant remains the principal factor. Advantage will be given to candidates with:
– first-class honours,
– demonstrated collaboration in projects with IT industry or in research
projects with research laboratories or educational institutions,
– additional relevant skills,
– recent successful participation in competitions related to
computer science, information technology and engineering.
SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES and DURATION / The accepted candidate will be granted a scholarship in the amount of 420,00 euro per month for two consecutive years paid by Comtrade.
The accepted candidate will be given a maximal workload of 2 hours per week as a tutor. In case where a candidate withdraws from the programme, she is required to reimburse the scholarship paid by Comtrade, with default interest.
INSURANCE and SUPPORT
- The beneficiary of the scholarship has to provide for her own mandatory health insurance. This has to be settled before the start of study.
- The Faculty of Computer and Information Science agrees to provide adequate form of office space, library privileges and other normal assistance to the beneficiary of the scholarship.
- The Faculty of Computer and Information Science agrees to assist in finding suitable rental accommodation for the student, and where needed, assistance in immigration formalities.
REQUIREMENTS UPON THE SCHOLARSHIP HOLDER
The Comtrade scholarship holder has to:
- fulfil her study requirements and complete her studies at the Master’s level in two years,
- prepare her master thesis on a topic preferably related to Comtrade business topics and carried out as a research in cooperation with Comtrade,
- work at Comtrade for one month during summer holidays (e.g. EDIT tutor, work on the delivery of projects, internal trainings) for no special reimbursement other than the provided Comtrade scholarship,
- attend a small number of events promoting scholarship support during, and wherever convenient, after completing her study,
- be a full time student and avoid any kind of working activities at other companies except activities as a tutor at the faculty (max two hours per week),
- in case that study is not completed within a year after the termination of the two year scholarship, reimburse the scholarship paid by Comtrade, with default interest.
Annex A: Master’s programme in Computer and Information Science, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science The Master’s programme in Computer and Information Science is a two-year programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS credit equivalent).
The study programme is conducted partially in Slovenian and partially in English.
Aims of the programme
The 2nd cycle Master’s study programme in Computer and Information Science enables computer and information science graduates to broaden and extend their knowledge. It is also appealing to graduates of other disciplines who wish to upgrade their knowledge with practical and theoretical skills in computer and information science. The study programme will provide future graduates with the knowledge necessary for staying in touch with technological changes and development in this penetrating and ever-changing field.
The course syllabus covers all the basic contents important for future Masters of Science in the field of computer and information science, and at the same time enables students to adapt their studies according to their own wishes, motivation and inclinations. The study programme will thus provide both common introductory subjects and a wide choice of specialist elective subjects.
The following candidates may apply for admission to the Master’s programme in Computer and Information Science:
- graduates of 1st cycle Bachelor degree study programmes of computer or information science or study programmes related to the natural or technical sciences (mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, chemistry and chemical technology, mechanical engineering, civil engineering);
- graduates of 1st cycle Bachelor degree study programmes from fields other than those indicated above, who have completed the following requirements from the 1st cycle Bachelor study programme Computer and Information Science prior to enrolment or have covered the subject matter of these subjects during their Bachelor degree studies: Introduction to Programming, Discrete Structures, Introduction to Digital Circuits, Computer Systems Architecture, Introduction to Information Systems.
Applications should be sent no later than 31 August 2016 to University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science, Večna pot 113, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Requirements for progression through the programme
Requirements for progression to Year 2 of the Master’s study programme are the completed study requirements from Year 1 (i.e. 60 ECTS credits). For a repeated enrolment in Year 1 students must complete at least half of the study requirements from Year 1 (i.e. 30 ECTS credits).
Requirements for completion of the programme
The requirements for completion of the study programme are the following for all students: completed all study obligations for compulsory and selected elective subjects, equivalent to at least 96 ECTS credits; a Master’s thesis prepared and submitted in accordance with the relevant rules, equivalent to 24 ECTS credits; a successful public defence of the Master’s thesis.
The following academic degree is acquired after completion of the programme: magister inženir/magistrica inženirka računalništva in informatike (equivalent to degree Master of Computer and Information Science).